Friday, March 13, 2009

Setting Up Housekeeping

I didn't realize all there is to do when setting up housekeeping from scratch. Well....actually I did, but it's been so long ago I forgot. Yesterday after a buying trip for the odds and end I forgot to get on my other buying trips, I was sure I now had everything I needed. Today, I found out that wasn't true, so it's back to more shopping (Bed, Bath & Beyond, this time) for more little odds and ends.

Next week I will Register with Central Casting, which is the largest, and most recommended extra casting agency in LA. No, I don't have a burning desire to be a professional extra, long term, but being an extra is one way to become SAG eligible, and I plan to explore ALL the ways in which to get my SAG card. Each time you're an extra on a qualifying film, you can get a voucher. When you have three vouchers, you become SAG eligible. Why next week? Because you can't register with Central casting by email or regular mail (snail mail), but only in person and only at certain times of the week. I may also register with other extra casting agencies....not sure about that yet.

After that I need to look into actor's showcases. More about that next week.

Until then...........

No comments:

Post a Comment