Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Back To Work

Like recharging the batteries in your cell phone, digital camera and other portable devices, people need recharging ever so often, as well. And so it was recently for my wife and me.

She came down from Washington State and we spent eight days seeing some of the sights of LA, as well as spending a few days in Las Vegas. It was wonderful having her here and playing tourist in LA, where the sights and attractions to see are endless. Travel Tip: When in LA you must visit the Getty Center, as it is a wonderful experience.

In Las Vegas we arranged our trip to coincide with a visit from Texas of an old Air Force friend of mine who I had not seen, literally, in decades. Visiting with he and his wife, taking in a show, and a couple of excellent dinners was great fun. Seeing them just proved the point that good friends really are forever. In the gaming area, we came away from Vegas with a few more dollars than we started with, and that doesn't happen all that often.

It was a wonderful time, but now it's time to get back to work for both of us. My wife is back at her job, and I am back at mine.

In line with that I have an acting lesson with my long time acting coach in Hollywood scheduled for tomorrow. That is followed next week with a workshop from one of the two casting directors that cast the CBS drama "Cold Case".

The episode of "The Office" I'm on is still scheduled for October 8th, and I will proceed that with a round of headshot and resume mailings, and postcard mailings. Two days after it is broadcast I have another casting director workshop scheduled.

Some sad news came to me yesterday, as I learned that a man I considered a good friend had passed away. His name was Bill Hitchcock, and through the Internet I re-established contract with his wife, Sherry. Bill was one of the good guys in the world, and I am deeply saddened by his passing. My sincere condolences go to his wife, daughter, and other survivors.

As I have said before, all actors are essentially looking for their next job, and I am no different. However, securing theatrical representation is still quite high on my priority list, and that will be my main focus right now.

So, stay tuned and I'll let you know what happens.

Until then...........

No comments:

Post a Comment